Friday, July 16, 2010

Cowhide Ruggery









Very soon we will have a new lounge... a very special red velvet modular number that I inherited but has been in storage for a year now. We've had ongoing issues with leaks in the roof and didn't want to risk our mint condition lounge getting ruined. So now with the leaks all gone and the holes all patched, we get our lounge room back, out comes the red velevt and I get to play with the space.

LOVE the warmth and texture that a brown cowhide rugs brings to a room. I think, with some careful layout consideration, I could make the lounge work with a cowhide rug. Eclectic. Keep everything else quite minimal, with art on the white walls and timber floor boards. I also want to buy a new arc lamp (below).

Ikea sells the rugs for under $400, may have to inspect.

Here is the lounge, photographed in it's original home. My baba's front room was the sitting room which no one sat in- all the fun happened in the kitchen. Hence the lounge being in mint condition.


lamp from vintagelooks.com
Cowhide rug images via google

PS. I am teaching Interior Styling next semester, so I imagine my Images folder on my desktop will be flooded with interiors related content. Fun fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment