Sunday, November 28, 2010

Poke Acupuncture LA

Poke in Hollywood is not your regular acupuncture clinic. Looking more like a library/lounge room than a sterile space to get some needle therapy, the owner Russell Brown says of his space:

"I think most of us feel better when we’re cozied up in our living rooms than in a cold medical office and I want that for my patients when they come here... To that end, I have created this office for my patients, to relax in, to let go of their day, and to be transported into another world where they might be nourished not just by alternative healthcare, but an alternative environment to receive that care."









As he says the website:
"The jig is up: I am not asian. Neither is my clinic. To model my office as a faux-asian zen “spa” seems a tad inauthentic: to cram my space with Buddhist trinkets, Ganesha statues and bamboo, I believe is not only insulting to “real” Asians, but is as completely bizarre as me wearing a silken kimono to the supermarket."

Pokes' refreshing website is here

No comments:

Post a Comment